Thursday, February 14, 2013

It's Time To Get Creative: The Record's Ultimate Warm-Up Mix Contest

You guys have to warm-up before games, don't you? Of course you do. And you need music to warm-up, don't you? Of course you do, part two.

With basketball sectionals right around the corner - or Friday, rather - it's time for warm-up music to finally get it's due. That's where you guys come in.

I want to know what you think belongs on the ULTIMATE WARM-UP MIX CD. Starting tonight (Thursday) through Sunday, I'll be taking song nominations - so tweet me (@LauraAmato) e-mail me (lamato@troyrecord.com) or comment underneath this post. I want to know what song gets you psyched, ready to box out or nail that game-winning three in the final seconds of a game. Basically, what song should be playing during your slow-mo highlight reel.

Once we finish getting song nominations I'll take the top songs and put them into a bracket, March Madness style. I'm really hoping to have 64 songs, so nominate more than one please. Starting next Monday, we'll pit the songs against each other in a head-to-head voting competition and the winning songs will make it on to the next round; just like sectional basketball.

Finally, the week before the Section II championship games, we'll wrap the whole thing up and crown one song the ultimate warm-up jam. I can't believe I wrote that either.

I'll take the top 13 or so songs, whatever fits on the CD, and make ten copies. Then, at random, I'll pick ten of you who nominated songs and you can win the ULTIMATE WARM-UP MIX CD. Pluuuus, for your added enticement, one lucky guy or gal will win an iTunes gift card of a yet to be determined domination. It's all very exciting.

So, get nominating. I want to know all about your favorite songs. But if you guys don't nominate Watch the Throne, you're all wrong. Also, as a slight disclaimer, let's keep it within songs that your school would allow you to have on your warm-up mix. Go forth and nominate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home