Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Calling All Section II Athletes

Guys. This is big. Or at least semi-big. And I need your help. That part is legit.

Here's the deal: I'm writing a brand-new long form, semi investigative story, much like the story I did last year on budget cuts in Section II athletic departments. You guys were an incredible amount of help with that story - sending e-mails and tweets on how sports had affected your life and what would change if you weren't able to play sports. So, I'm here again, asking for your help, again.

I'm looking to figure out the world of AAU and travel sports - really focusing on basketball since that's the season we're in now, but if you play travel soccer or baseball or anything else, feel free to chime in too.

Basically, what I want to know from you guys is how the AAU experience has shaped your athletic time in high school. Is it better than playing for your high school team? How's the competition level at AAU? If you guys have played AAU do you feel like it's helped you get more exposure with college schools? Has the travel and money been an issue for you and your family?

On the flip side, if you haven't played AAU, why not? Did you ever try out and not make the team? If you're not on an AAU team do you feel like you're missing out on something?

Ok. So now it's really up to you guys to respond. There's a bunch of ways to do that - you can either email me at lamato@troyrecord.com or you can Tweet me @LauraAmato. As usual, feel free to basically write as much as you want.
There is no word limit here. I want all your information and your entire story when it comes to AAU.

Thanks again guys!
- Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home